Group Operations Director
£22-25k dependent upon experience
Connectus Group Limited was formed after it acquired a renowned Doncaster based telecommunications company called Eximus Solutions at the beginning of 2018.
Since the buyout, Connectus has been a hive of activity, investing in its services, networks, office facilities and team to create a force to be reckoned with in the industry.
Connectus Group Limited has a heritage of 15 years’ experience working with Schools, SME’s and large corporations across the UK to provide connectivity and technology solutions to enable them to work faster, smarter and more securely.
Working closely with our customers, we tailor solutions to enable them to take full advantage of all the communication benefits of Ultrafast and Superfast broadband services alongside added value services such as secure networking and monitoring, content filtering solutions, VOIP, GDPR Compliance, proactive & preventative Cyber Security solutions, Penetration Testing, vulnerability assessments and Cloud Hosting to name but a few.
Our ‘Connect, Protect, collaborate’ services model helps to mitigate costs, complexity and risks for businesses of all sizes.
The company is also a partner to BDUK allowing us to offer customers funding streams towards innovation and connectivity.
The Field Engineer will be based out of Connectus Groups Manchester office and provide 1st and 2nd line IT Support.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years’ experience working within a 1st/2nd line support role, be customer service focused, naturally strives to be and do better, wants to progress their IT Career to the next level and has knowledge in Microsoft Technologies, Server Virtualisation and Enterprise Networking. The candidate should be self-sufficient and have a pro-active approach to their role, able to work under pressure and have initiative.
Working as part of a geographically dispersed support team the candidate will be required to assist their engineering colleagues as and when it’s needed.
The role will be diverse as we work with different types of clients and environments so it’s important that the candidate is able to adapt to situations under pressure to find resolutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assisting the Service Desk when call volumes are high
Resolve incidents within the Service Level Agreements
Attend customer sites for incidents and installations
Provide pre-sales technical assistance to the Sales team as and when required.
Build, Implement and support the Connectus Group’s VOIP Platform and its users.
Provide match day support for the sports events at the customer site, time off in lieu is given to the Engineer for the additional match day support.
Undertaking and working on small to medium sized projects and technical implementations as instructed by management
Keeping documentation up to date for all systems (hardware and software). Including all applications installed and network topology/diagrams
Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers
Escalating faults to 3rd line support if required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a 1st / 2nd line position (Essential)
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
- Knowledge of the technologies listed below (Essential):
Windows Server 2008 – 2019
Windows 7 – 10
Office 365 & Exchange On-prem
Microsoft Active Directory (On-prem and Azure)
TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
Server virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
LAN/WAN Technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
Basic understanding of Fibre Optic communications
Basic understanding of VOIP, SIP and ISDN
Basic understanding of ADSL/VSDL, FTTC, FTTP and Point to Point technologies
- Experience working with Huawei Core Networking, Huawei OceanStor SAN Storage and Huawei Wi-Fi Access Controllers (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience working with Ubiquiti Unifi products – AP’s, Switches and USG’s (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in working on SonicWALL & Fortinet Firewalls (Beneficial but not essential)
- Any experience within Cyber Security would be considered as a bonus
- Certifications relating to the required technologies would be beneficial
- 20 Days Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Competitive Salary
- Regular Company Social Events
- Part of a company that is rapidly growing and investing into its technical team
- Career progression, training, and development
- Pension scheme