Group Operations Director
Up to 30K dependent upon experience
40 hours per week
Connectus Group Ltd was formed after it acquired a renowned Doncaster based telecommunications company called Eximus Solutions at the beginning of 2018.
Since the Acquisition, we have:
- Increased our headcount by 13
- Grown revenues by 64%
- Opened two further offices at AJ Bell Stadium in Salford and at Daresbury Sci-Tech
- Increased our customer base to over 350 business clients
- Completed two acquisitions
- Attracted funding from FW Capital and DropJaw Ventures Group
- Launched our Connect-Protect-Collaborate range of managed services
Connectus Group Limited has a heritage of 15 years’ experience working with public sector Clients, Technology Partners, Schools, SME’s and large corporations across the UK to provide our managed services solutions to enable them to work faster, smarter and more securely.
We help our clients mitigate cost, risk and complexity via our simple One Provider approach, providing our customers with the tools for growth through our range of services covering connectivity, network and cybersecurity, voice, IT support and data storage and backup.
The Field Engineer will be based out of Connectus Groups Manchester office and provide 1st and 2nd line IT Support.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years’ experience working within a 1st/2nd line support role, be customer service focused, naturally strives to be and do better, wants to progress their IT Career to the next level and has knowledge in Microsoft Technologies, Server Virtualization and Enterprise Networking. The candidate should be self-sufficient and have a pro-active approach to their role, able to work under pressure and have initiative.
Working as part of a geographically dispersed support team the candidate will be required to assist their engineering colleagues as and when it’s needed.
The role will be diverse as we work with different types of clients and environments so it’s important that the candidate is able to adapt to situations under pressure to find resolutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the Service Desk when call volumes are high
- Resolve incidents within the Service Level Agreements
- Attend customer sites for incidents and installations
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to the Sales team as and when required.
- Build, Implement and support the Connectus Group’s VOIP Platform and its users.
- Provide match day support for the sports events at the customer site, time off in lieu is given to the Engineer for the additional match day support.
- Undertaking and working on small to medium sized projects and technical implementations as instructed by management
- Keeping documentation up to date for all systems (hardware and software). Including all applications installed and network topology/diagrams
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers
- Escalating faults to 3rd line support if required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a 1st / 2nd line position (Essential)
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
- Knowledge of the technologies listed below (Essential):
- Windows Server 2008 – 2019
- Windows 7 – 10
- Office 365 & Exchange On-prem
- Microsoft Active Directory (On-prem and Azure)
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Server virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
- LAN/WAN Technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Basic understanding of Fiber Optic communications
- Basic understanding of VOIP, SIP and ISDN
- Basic understanding of ADSL/VSDL, FTTC, FTTP and Point to Point technologies
- Experience working with Huawei Core Networking, Huawei OceanStor SAN Storage and Huawei Wi-Fi Access Controllers (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience working with Ubiquiti Unifi products – AP’s, Switches and USG’s (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in working on SonicWALL & Fortinet Firewalls (Beneficial but not essential)
- Any experience within Cyber Security would be considered as a bonus
- Certifications relating to the required technologies would be beneficial.
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays) Pro-Rata
- One additional Holiday Day for your birthday
- Ability to take an additional 5 days unpaid Annual Leave
- Length of service awards
- Flexible Working (time and location)
- Company Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Funded Personal Training & Development Plan including Study support
- Company Team Building and Social Events
- Free tickets to a range of Sporting events including full hospitality
- Modern and efficient IT Equipment including your choice of Smart phone
- Proven path of career progression in a fast paced and dynamic team environment
- Referral Bonus
- Dog Friendly Office